Diamond is a relatively rare and useful resource, and also is the second highest tier currently available, disregarding chrono quest-exclusive items such as the blue cube and blue orb. There are 9 diamond deposits in the snow biome, and none in the forest or ocean biomes, hence the need to craft some cold protection before setting out to find diamonds. Diamonds can only be mined by golden pickaxes or higher.
Diamond deposits appear in different sizes.
- Small deposits can contain up to 5 diamonds
- Medium deposits can contain up to 10 diamonds
- Large deposits can contain up to 15 diamonds
The largest diamond deposits are located in the right corners of the map.
Diamonds are used to craft:
- Pickaxes (Diamond Pickaxe and Amethyst Pickaxe)
- 30x30px Swords (Diamond Sword, Amethyst Sword, and Dragon Sword)
- Spears (Diamond Spear and Amethyst Spear)
- Hammers (Diamond Hammer and Amethyst Hammer)
- 30px Shovels (Diamond Shovel and Amethyst Shovel)
- 30x30px Helmets (Diamond Helmet, Amethyst Helmet, and Dragon Helmet)
- 30px Diving Mask
- 30x30px Defensive Structures (Diamond Wall, Diamond Door, and Diamond Spikes)
- Resurrection Stone
- 30x30px Blue Thread